It started with the 7 easy #donorlove principles we use to guide us in our work.
- You make your donor the hero.
- You share amazing and inspiring stories.
- You connect to your donors emotions and values.
- You work diligently to allow your donors to fall – and stay – in love with you.
- You ask for only one thing.
- You always consider who (or what) is the right voice for your story.
- You say thanks with passion.
The Godfather of Good, David Love, has been keeping up with some additions which I hope you will consider as part of your pursuit of #donorlove.
From Jeff Brooks:
8. You show them how they make a difference.
9. You design and write for their eyes and taste.
10. You have a plan for every one of them.
From Damian O’Broin:
11. You can’t have #donorlove without respect and consent.
12. You must remember, #donorlove is all of the small things, all the time, over time.
From the Godfather:
13. You must measure what matters.
14. You must be accountable and trustworthy.
15. You must take risks and be bold.
16. You must share your secrets with others.
Like #donorlove, this is meant to be a work in progress. I would love to hear your suggestions for additions or edits. Just tweet them to us or comment below please!
And finally, if you aren’t already, join the conversation on twitter and show us how you show your donors #donorlove.