- What would you love to receive after you’ve made your very first gift?
- What would delight you, had you made a second gift?
- And, if you’d made a third gift, what would surprise you so much you would say to yourself, “Well, my word, isn’t that amazing! Round up the kids: I want them to see this!”
Before you rush to answer, first note the verbs: love, delight, surprise. Nothing rational there. Just heartstrings; trying, hoping to be plucked. I can’t make donor newsletters any simpler than this:
- They express love for the donor.
- They bring joy to the donor.
- They surprise the donor.
If you do all three of these things in your newsletter … you will have satisfied donors.