Successful projects rock. And while it does feel a bit like beeping our own horn, when we celebrate our success here at Agents of Good, it is all the more awesome because in our work, it also means that the world is a little bit of a better place.
And in the case of this project, more fresh food will be rescued from being thrown in the garbage and delivered to hungry people in Toronto. Second Harvest is an amazing and inspiring charity that we have the pleasure of working with. Our Spring Campaign was focused on buying a new truck for their fleet, and it has been a smashing success.
We raised twice as much money as the Spring Appeal last year. Average gift is up 40%. Beep! Beep!
Here’s just some of what we love about this campaign:
- Surprise and Delight. The letter comes from the truck, and he starts his letter saying “I have a dream…” You KNOW you want to keep reading!
- The illustrated truck is just so darn cute. You KNOW you’re going to open that envelope!
- Engaging and involving the donor – the donor uses the keys (sticker) and moves it on to the coupon.
- The matching gift. Donors “only” have to pay for half. A matching gift (secured with passion and energy by Second Harvest) secures the other half.
- The last option on the gift array is for $65,000 and a note “I’ll buy the other half of the truck”. Yes, we were secretly hoping someone would send in a cheque or $65,000. But even though they didn’t, we wanted it to make every donor think about giving a little more. It worked.
- It’s genuine. The match did come in at the 11th hour, and we used the P.S. and the buckslip.
- It flowed. We did a reminder pack, with a message of encouragement from the matching donor.
- It rocked. And we stopped. We had planned to do a follow-up blast. But by the time it was due to deploy, we knew it exceeded the goal. So we did a thank-you email and letter instead. From the truck, of course.