Our great pal and uber-passionate fundraiser, Josh Bowman who works along side the great folks at Second Harvest in Toronto has the market covered in Top Ten lists on his blog. This month he has been posting Top Ten lists from some of other favourite friends, bloggers and colleagues and we are honoured to be featured there. This is our post… Thanks Josh!
John and Jen are two incredible fundraising and marketing professionals who I have the honour of working with at Second Harvest. They have kicked our direct mail program and website development into hyperdrive, and I really can’t recommend them enough. Plus, they are awesome and opinionated people. Here is their website: https://agentsofgood.org/ and here is their terrific blog: http://blog.agentsofgood.org/
1. Nothing beats a good story. Nothing.
2. At the end of the day, it is our relationships that define us.
3. Sorry Marshall, the medium is not the message. Your channel of communication needs to be appropriate, but content is king.
4. Agents are everywhere, but not everyone can be an Agent.
5. People are moved to act because of stories and feelings, not facts and statistics.
6. People want to believe their support matters.
7. People are disgusted when they are betrayed or mislead by a charity. And they are suspicious forever.
8. We are truly and deeply inspired by the number of passionate people who want to be part of something special and unique. We all want to be part of a tribe that speaks to us.
9. Like all Agents projects, this list isn’t about us, it’s about you.
10. The three most important words in fundraising? You. You. And you.