My good friend (in my mind) Seth Godin asked me, asked all of us – what did we ship in 2010? Seth uses this term “Ship” to talk about ANYTHING you might have delivered to your market.
As a entrepreneur, I am crap at reflecting and celebrating – there is always new work to think about, clients to check in with, budgeting, accounting…. the FUTURE!
Who wants to dwell on the past? Well – this needs to stop.
2010 was a busy year for Agents of Good, and with the help of some amazing clients, here are some highlights of stuff we shipped:
• 97 direct mail packs (house renewals, house specials, acquisition, legacy’s, surveys and monthly conversion)
• A creative and strategic audit of the Gifts of Light program for CAMH
• A rebuild, relaunched (and somewhat simplified) Gifts of Light program for CAMH
• A redesign, fully overhauled and relaunch of sofii.org as well as ongoing support for new showcases and halls
• Numerous new websites for Adopt-A-Mom, Goodworks, WWF Monthly Conversion (hired by Pareto Fundraising to help out with), Robbie’s Rainbow, The Asthma Society September Peak microsite and campaign, as well as some we can’t show off yet for Second Harvest, Interval House and Ideate Philanthropy.
• More e-blasts in support of mailing campaigns, donor thank you’s and appeals than we can even list
• Strategy and support for a number of annual campaigns, programs, communications and donor growth and acquisition
• Half a dozen new logos, a handful of brochures, advertisements, inserts, marketing folders and programmes and even 1 booth for AFP Congress!
• A few annual reports
• The relationship management and support for about 8 or 9 core clients and their ongoing pursuit of donor care
• The opportunity to collaborate with some of the finest folks we could ever hope to work along side (let the name dropping begin): Jim Martin (The Asthma Society of Canada), Jon Duschinsky (Be the Change), Dan Banko (Banko Photograpy and Videography), Lisa MacDonald (writer), John Haydon (social media specialist, Inbound Zombie), Rachel Zant (fundraiser and writer), Bob Knight (fundraiser and writer), Jonathon Grapsas (data geek and fundraiser, Pareto Fundraising), Tania Little (fundraiser, Ideate Philanthropy), Kimberley MacKenzie (in the trench fundraiser, Ontario Nature of Canada), Fraser Green, Leah Eustace, Jose van Herpt, Jon Lloyd (Goodworks), Ken Burnett (fundraiser, linguistic specialist and writer, Clayton Burnett), Tom Scanlan (printer, Is Five Communications), Ashleigh Saith (fundraiser, Interval House), Jacqueline Buscombe, Lori Smith, Kristina Johnson, Farah Ng (Centre for Addition and Mental Health, CAMH), Donna Raetsen-Kemp and Paige Muirhead (Station Gallery), Josh Bowman and Tonia Krauser (Second Harvest),Leah Hoover (Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation), Janet Gadeski (writer, Canadian Fundraising and Philanthropy magazine), David Love (Honourary Godfather of Good, writer, fundraiser, dad), Cyndy Forsyth (Huntington Society of Canada), Dean Reeds (programmer and web geek, Open Web Group), Janice Eales (The Hearing Foundation of Canada), Gwen Chapman (fundraiser) and many others in varying capacities.
The last point is important. Because of these folks, the work we do is challenging, fun, honest, focused and rewarding. Many minds create better work – and every time we work with you, we all get better.
Thank you for a great year and I can’t wait to see what we do together this year.
(And Seth, I hope I did you proud! Thanks for being such an inspiration to hundreds and thousands of marketers, fundraisers, entrepreneurs and businesses! Happy New Year!)